Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Book Boyfriend: Jerricho Barrons
from Karen Marie Moning's Fever Series

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme where I get a chance to talk about the guys I think are swoon worthy using quotes and stats from the book. The meme is hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader. 

Today I have a very unusual swoon worthy guy to present. I am pretty sure many of  you would not find  Jericho Barrons from Karen Marie Moning's Fever series the kinda man you'd bring home to your family, but I like living on the wild side and you cannot get any wilder than Barrons.



He didn't just occupy space; he saturated it. The room had been full of books before, now it was full of him. About thirty, six foot two or three, he had dark hair, golden skin, and dark eyes. His features were strong, chiseled. I couldn't pinpoint his nationality any more than I could his accent; some kind of European crossed with Old World Mediterranean or maybe an ancestor with dark Gypsy blood. He word an elegant dark gray Italian suit, a crisp white shirt, and a muted patterned tile. He wasn't handsome. That was too calm a word. He was intensely masculine. He was sexual. He attracted. There was an omni-present carnality about him, in his dark eyes, in his full mouth, in the way he stood.


Throughout the series Barrons is a complete enigma. We are never sure of his loyalties. But his possessive and protective nature with Mac was something I felt drawn to despite his dark side.  He is a man who loves the finer things in life and always has the best of everything...cars, clothes, furnishings. And he rarely lets his guard down except with Mac and when this happens his true nature is revealed especially where his love is concerned.


He dances with me. We shout the lyrics at each other. Something about seeing this man, this big sexual, powerful ---and, some part of me knows, highly dangerous and unpredictable --- man, dancing nude, shouting that he's never going to be kept down, completely undoes me.

As dangerous and even as animalistic as Barron's is, and for all his posturing about being the antihero, Jericho's intensity for life and love is the real reason I find him irresistible.

"I didn't get the spell." My voice broke. I'd failed him. I hated myself for that. He'd never failed me.
"I know." 
My gaze flicked to his face, bewildered. "You . . . know?"
"I knew it was a lie the moment you you said it." 
I searched his eyes. "But you looked happy! You smiled. I saw things in your eyes!"
"I was happy. I knew why you'd lied." His dark gaze was ancient, inhuman, and uncharacteristically gently. Because you love me.
   
Despite the fact that I usually do not go for the bad boy type...  Jericho Barron's is, as far as I am concerned, the type of man worthy of my complete and total swoon (and model Brian Carson isn't too bad either).                                                                                                              



 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy