Saturday, April 10, 2010

24-Hour Read-A-Thon Mini Challenge/Roast Pig on a Spit

Saturday, April 10, 2010
This is hour #5 of my Read-A-Thon update and mini challenge this hour is about food thanks to  Nicole at Linus's Blanket, who wants to know about the food we're reading about in our books.
I am half way through Boost by Kathy Mackel, and the Christopher family is throwing a barn party with a pig roast. A pit has been dug and the pig slaughter (yuck) and it has been roasting all night. 
Savvy has invited her basketball team and her sister's cheerleading squad and the football team.

"In a minute. I want to go out back and see if Mr. Otis took the pig off the fire yet." All morning I had crept around like a caveman, sniffing out the roasting meat and trying not to drool.
Gonzo rolled here eyes but followed me out the back door. The pig was still on the spit, looking so good that I wanted to tear off a chunk with my bare hands.


1 comments:

Kailana said...

That's an interesting title... And interesting pictures! lol

 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy