Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Book Boyfriend

Wednesday, June 8, 2011
My Book Boyfriend is a weekly feature hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader allowing us to bring to life some of the most amazing men we can find between the covers of our books.

This week I have fallen deeply in love (and lust) with Prince Dhiren (Ren) from Tiger's Curse and Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck.

Ren is over 300 years old but looks 20. After a curse turned him into a white tiger he has spent most of those years in captivity until Kelsey comes into his life. Kelsey becomes quite enthralled with the tiger and agrees to travel to India thinking she is taking him to a reserve and freedom.

Kelsey first finds out the truth when Ren morphs into the man:


I saw a handsome young man standing directly behind me ... he was taller than me by a head and had a strong, well-developed trim body that was clothed in loose white cotton garment. His long-sleeved shirt was untucked and carelessly buttoned, revealing a smooth well-built golden bronze chest ... glossy black hair swept away from his face and curled slightly at the nape of his neck. His eyes were what riveted me the most. They were  my tiger's eyes the same deep cobalt blue ... He had full lips, a square jaw, and an aristocratic nose. He didn't look like any other man I'd ever seen. I couldn't place it, but there was something else, something cultured about him. He exuded confidence, strength and nobility ... He was as beautiful a man as he was a tiger.

He smelled wonderful, like waterfalls and woods mixed together


His eyes turned to my face. He smiled and reached a hand up to touch my cheek. My pulse quickened and my face felt hot where he touched it. I became suddenly aware that my fingers were still twined in his hair, and my hand was resting on his chest. I quickly removed them and twisted them in my lap. He sat up slightly, leaning on on hand which brought his beautiful face very close to mine. His fingers moved down to my chin and, with the lightest touch, he tilted my face so my eyes met his intense blue eyes.

The touch was sweet, hesitant, and careful, the way you might try to touch a frightened doe. His face was full of wonder and awareness. I quivered. he paused just a moment more, then smiled tenderly, dipped his head, and brushed his lips lightly against mine. He kissed me softly, tentatively, just a mere whisper of a kiss. His other hand slid down to my waist too... He gently pulled me closer and pressed me lightly against his chest I gripped his arms. He sighed with pleasure, and deepened the kiss.

There are many different types of kisses. There's a passionate kiss of farewell like the kind Rhett gave Scarlett when he went off to war. The kiss of I-can't-be-with-you-but-I want-to-be---like Superman and Lois lane, There's the first kiss---one that is gentle and hesitant, warm and vulnerable. Then there's he kiss of possession---which was how Ren kissed me now.

It went beyond passion, beyond desire. His kiss was full of longing, need, and love, like all those other kisses. But, it was also filled with promises and pledges, some of which seemed sweet and tender while others seemed dangerous and exciting. Ren was taking me over like he was staking a claim.

Even though Hrithik Roshan doesn't have the cobalt blue eyes Ren does, he has all the rest of Ren's features and if Ren was ever brought to life on the screen Hrithik with the aid of some blue contacts Hrithik definitely has he right stuff!

So how do you like Ren?



 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy