Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Book Boyfriend #1

Wednesday, March 2, 2011
A few weeks ago I found this new Wednesday meme hosted by Missie @ The Unread Reader that got me all hot and bothered and decided that I  definitely wanted to participate.

My Book Boyfriend is where you talk about your literary crush (yeah we all have them even an old fart like me). In your post, make sure you include your book boyfriend's stats, a picture of what you imagine he looks like and some quotes from him that had you at hello. Credit the book and please include page numbers when you can.

So I would like to present my very first Book Boyfriend  crush

PO 
from Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Po is a Lienid Prince who is Graced. He is tall has dark hair, and one silver and one gold eye. He is playful, smooth in his movements like a cat, and while Katsa also describes him as cocky and arrogant, she only believes this because she doesn't know a lot about him or his Grace. 

The reason for my crush on PO is that because of his Grace, the ability to know what someone is thinking especially if those thoughts are about him, I think he would make the perfect partner. I mean who wouldn't love to have a guy who could anticipate your wants and desires and be so attuned to you that you really would never truly have to ask for anything, or explain how you were feeling. Think of all the mind games you wouldn't have play!

"He knew, without her telling him the things she did want to do."

"They had entire conversations in which she didn't say a word, for PO could sense when Katsa desired to talk to him."

Because of his Grace he was an expert fighter too, and he hones his fighting ability, being the youngest of seven brothers. Consequently, I see him as having a nice build.


And because he is very sure of himself I know that his smile is always playful and his countenance would always hold a certain calmness. His self-assured also means he never feels threatened by a women's ability.

"I know you're teasing me. And you should know I'm not easily humiliated. You may hunt for my food, and pound me every time  we fight, and protect me when we're attacked, if you like. I'll thank you for it."

Can't imagine Po ever having a problem asking for directions, or helping out around the house?

But most of all Po willingly accepts that loving another means not having to change them.

"I'll give myself to you however you'll take me."

Sadly all the qualities I find so appealing in Po would also make him totally loyal to the woman he loves, which is Katsa, and she is one lady I would not want to fight with over a guy.

Ah but I can dream!  So who are you dreaming of? 





 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy