Monday, March 7, 2011

It's Monday, Here's What I Am Reading

Monday, March 7, 2011
Time for another Monday's  meme with Shelia @ One Person's Journey Through a World of Books where I get to answer the question, "What are you reading?"



Another slow week for me. My grandson Reece came and spent Saturday  with me, which  took much of my reading time. While he is just happy to hang out with me, that does not include having grandma's nose in a book. Still I am glad he came and we had a good time watching some movies and challenging each other on various video games, (which he won of course).



Books I did read this week:



Sellout by Ebony Joy Wilkins

A 2010 debut novel, I have been wanting to read this one for a while. While I did enjoy the story, and feel it will be a good addition to my classroom, I was not extremely impressed with the characters.


Griffin Rising by Darby Karchut

A very interesting and different story about angels. Lots of background on the different types of angels, with a strong focus on characterization. The protagonist is an angel in training.  Review to come.




Scorch Trials by James Dashner (audio)

Oh my goodness, this second book in Dashner's series is incredible! Even better than the Maze Runner and that is saying a lot. Now I am on pins and needle wanting to find out more.




Reviews Posted:

Dark Mirror by M. J. Putney 

Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt 

Other Posts of Interest: 

My Book Boyfriend: Po from Graceling by Kristin Cashore 

Interview and Giveaway: M. J. Putney's Dark Mirror (make sure you check this one out and enter to win an ARC copy of Dark Mirror. Giveaway ends 3/12).

Currently Listening to:

Darkfever by Karen Marie Morning



So that was my week. What did you read this week?


 

 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy