Saturday, April 10, 2010

24-Hour Read-A-Thon Mid-Event Meme

Saturday, April 10, 2010
Half way there. My eyes are blurry as I am typing this post but I am still reading.

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
 I am half-way through Airhead by Meg Cabot

2. How many books have you read so far?
I have read two books and a total of 602 pages.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Anyone that will keep me awake.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
No!

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Only the ones to get snack and let the dog out and in.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
 How difficult it is to keep up with the posting.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope!
 
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Yeah, I think next time I am going to be cheerleader, I think I will be better suited for that.

9. Are you getting tired yet?
Yes, because I was up at 3:00 AM (usual time) and my bedtime is fast approaching.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Not sure what the cheerleaders are doing as I haven't gotten any comment that I no of from one yet.

6 comments:

Melis said...

Wow, you really are doing great!

p.s. I am a cheerleader, so here is my attempt at a cheer..or song really lol

The reading will stop
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow
your book count will be higher
Just keep thinking about tomorrow
all the great books you will have to talk about
with your blog friends
If you get blurred or sore, or sleepy
Just stick up your chin
and grin
and say
My TO BE READ PILE, Tomorrow
will be smaller than it was before
and your spirits will soar
because then TOMORROW, TOMORROW You can go shopping TOMORROW at Amazon and BUY SOME MORE!

:D lol

Jan von Harz said...

Thanks Melis I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you've had a productive reading day! Keep up the great reading :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm really sorry I haven't been able to drop by to cheer you early on. :( I hope you don't mind my late comment.

Two books and 602 pages is amazing at the halfway mark! I can't say I've done as much. XD

I've spent more time cheering than reading though. XDD There are so many people to cheer and blogs to read; I'm really sorry I didn't get to pass by yours early on. I feel a bit bad now. :(

Still, I think you did a marvelous job! I hope you continue to enjoy your reading~ And I'll drop by again later, hopefully. :)

Happy reading~

Kihana

soleil said...

You're doing great! Keep it up!

Valerie said...

You made it to the halfway point...that's good! Hope the otehr half is going well for you.

 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy