Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday Teaser/ Dwarves by Markus Heitz

Tuesday, March 30, 2010
 Welcome to Tuseday Teaser.

Miz B at Should Be Reading sponsors Teaser Tuesdays asking that you to: 
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  •  Share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given! 
This week's teaser comes from a book I am reading for the Once Upon a Time Challenge entitled Dwarves by Markus Heitz.

"Who pays for your handiwork?" demanded Tungil. "Tell us, and you'll be spared."

"We'll leave you to drown in your blood if you don't, " Ireheart said threateningly.



I have just started this book. It reads very much like J.R.R. Tolkien and while I loved Tolkien,  like Tolkien,  I got a feeling this is not going to be a quick read.

15 comments:

Clarissa said...

Hmmm..i also like Tolkein so may go look it up!

Here is my teaser
http://limpetsandpenguins.blogspot.com

Beth F said...

This is new to me. I'm a huge Tolkien fan, so I should look into it.

Amanda Makepeace said...

This is a new book to me too. Thanks for sharing! My teaser this week is Green Angel by Alice Hoffman - a teen read.

tarynwanderer said...

Sounds neat! I always felt like dwarves got (no pun intended) the short end of the stick, in terms of books about them. Elves seem to enjoy a lot more popularity--so I'm glad this book is out there!

My teaser for this week is here!

Alayne said...

Definitely looks like Tolkien! My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

Anonymous said...

Is this a sequel to his Orcs or is it stand alone? Looks interesting...

My teaser's at http://hampshireflyer.wordpress.com/2010/03/30/teaser-tuesday-9/

The Westie Loving Therapist said...

Thank you for posting on my blog. I was so excited when I saw that you live nearby and may be molding the minds of kiddos I know. :) I'll have to E-mail you!

Lori said...

LOL funny teaser. I hope that you enjoy your book. Here's mine.

pussreboots said...

Enjoy your book. Thanks for stopping by my TT.

Anonymous said...

This looks interesting. Great teaser!

Lizzy said...

It looks, and sounds really interesting. Even though Tolkein's books always meant a longer read, I felt pretty satisfied when I finished a book haha. Great teaser!

Laya said...

Sounds interesting. Good teaser!

Thanks for dropping by mine! :)

Barbara said...

nice teaser!

thanks so much for stopping by On the Bookcase.

Mardel said...

..."while I loved Tolkien, like Tolkien, I got a feeling this is not going to be a quick read."

I could never even get to the part where I love Tolkein. I never could get past the first few chapters of the Hobbit. Which is weird, when I read Hawaii at the age of 11. (or 12) Those first chapters took forever, - well they took as long as it takes an island to appear and grow vegetation, birds, animals..... :)

Beth said...

What a threat! I have never read Tolkien since I can't get into sci-fi or fantasy. Thanks for visiting.

 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy