Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday Teaser

Tuesday, February 23, 2010
 
I haven't done a Tuesday Teaser for a while, but I got a review copy yesterday in the mail and decided this would be my next read. 
Miz B at Should Be Reading sponsors Teaser Tuesdays asking that you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  •  Share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
Sea Clearwater was written by Selene Gardnas when she was 13 years-old and is working on the next book in the Clearwater series. I am very anxious to read it if for no other reason than it was written by a 13 year-old (I teach this age group and it blows me away that someone this young has published a book.

Here is the teaser:

"Eric motioned his hand to the right. A beast known as a Flensar appeared gnashing its long teeth and swishing its hairy tail. "We're heading to Flemar, the ruins of the fire benders."

11 comments:

Aleksandra said...

Great teaser! I'll add this one on my list :) Happy reading!

Lori said...

Never Heard of this book. Enjoy your book. Here's Mine.

Andrea said...

Sounds like an interesting book. Nice teaser.

My teaser

Kaye said...

Wow, published at 13 is mind boggling! Have a good week and happy reading. My teaser is here .

Marce said...

A 13 year old WOW, that is amazing.

pussreboots said...

Never heard of the book. Thanks for stopping by my teaser of Blue Food Revolution.

Anonymous said...

That's advanced language for a 13yo, great teaser.

here is mine http://livemorenow.wordpress.com/2010/02/23/teaser-tuesday-100223/

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

This is impressive.

NatalieSap said...

Wow, 13 years old! And that teaser has me intrigued. I'll be waiting for your review on this one!

Forgetfulone said...

Wow! Such a young author. Sounds good, too.

Athira said...

Nice writing! Nice tease, of course! I like it when authors publish real young. 13 years old! Wow.. (So what was I doing at 13? Nah, don't even ask me!)

 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy