Monday, February 22, 2010

It's Monday Here's What I Am Reading

Monday, February 22, 2010
 

It's Monday, What are You Reading? is a weekly meme that highlights books you have read and are reading. Shelia over at One Persons Journey Through a World of Books is the host of this event.

I had a rather slow week, but I have an excuse. I read Out of My Mind, a wonderful book by Sharon Draper, and I spent a lot of time trying to write a review that I felt really did justice to this amazing book. I hope you will take time to read my review and jump on the bandwagon to encourage everyone to read it. 

I also managed to finish They Never Came Back by Caroline Cooney, and need to write a review on it. And I am close to finishing Impossible by Nancy Werlin

I have a lot waiting in my TBR pile so I am not sure which I will be reading next. Here is a list of books that are currently calling to me:

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
Iron King  by Julie Kagawa
The Life of Glass by Julie Cantor
After Ever After by Jordan Sonnenblick
Shell Shaker by LeAnne Howe
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
The River by Mary Jane Beaufrand
Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder
The Graveyard Book by  Neil Gaiman
The Battle of Jericho by Sharon Draper
Bound by Donna Jo Napoli

Whew! So many books so little time! So what are you reading?

16 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I have to read your review of Out Of My Mind. Its funny when we really love a book we have a hard time reviewing it and letting others know how fantastic it was. I do the same thing and just had that happen with Thirteen reasons Why.

Have a wonderful book week!

Jess said...

Impossible has such a beautiful cover.

NatalieSap said...

Out of My Mind sounds like a book I'm not emotionally ready for at the moment! Can't wait to read what you think of Impossible - I really liked it, but I don't think I remember the ending? Oh, and I vote for The Absolutely True Diary... to be your next book to read. :)

The1stdaughter said...

SO many great books! Wow! They Never Came Back has been on my radar for some time now, I'll be really interested in reading your review.

As for your next weeks reading...I'd vote for Chasing Brooklyn or The Graveyard Book. I just reviewed The Graveyard Book a few weeks ago, it was one I am always interested in hearing how others feel about it.

Hope you have a fabulous reading week!

Staci said...

I want to read Impossible sometime. I loved True Diary of a Part-Time Indian and Bound...have fun trying to decide what to read next!!

Amy said...

Wow, you have a lot of good books on your list! Happy reading!

Christina T said...

I loved Impossible and I hope you are enjoying it. Iron King and Incarceron are on my TBR list and I've heard that Bound is a fantastic book too.

Have a great reading week!

Here is what I'm reading.

yuan said...

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian is SO AMAZING! You should totally read that one ASAP! =D

Sharon said...

Out Of My Mind sounds wonderful and heart breaking. Thanks for the great review. You've got some interesting sounding titles on your list. I'm looking up The Battle of Jericho because of what you said about Out Of My Mind. Happy reading!

Page (One Book At A Time) said...

I'll have to check out Out of My Mind. The cover is eye catching!

I keep meaning to pick up Impossible. It looks good too!

Michelle Santiago said...

i've been wanting to read incarceron and iron king as well but incarceron have been getting mixed reviews so maybe i'll just borrow it from the library one of these days. you have a great reading week as well :)

Athira said...

You said it, so many books, so little time! Happy reading!

Mardel said...

Out of my mind sounds like a great book. I read your review of it. Do you think this would be a good book for middle grade (6-8th) students?

Aleksandra said...

Your review is beautiful & the books that are waiting for you are books that I've read & love them or books I can't wait to read :)
Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

I haven't read any of the books in your TBR pile, but I'd say go with Chasing Brooklyn :)

Out of My Mind looks like an amazing book!

Tammy said...

I just finished-If The Witness Lied by Caroline Cooney. It was intense! I really want to get my hands on something else she has written. Can't wait to read your review on They Never Came Back.

 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy