Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Top Ten List of Books on My TBR List

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Because we all love lists, this meme created by The Broke and the Bookish was created to give us a chance to combine that love with our passion for books.

This week is all about the books we are most lusting after. Like a kid in a candy store, I am always wanting more so this is an easy list especially since I only have to list ten. So here are my current list of books I just have to have.


The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch: Last May after the Area Wide Book Battle an annual event created and host at the middle school where I work, I got to have lunch with James Dashner, Heather Brewer, and some bookish types from Scholastic. Of course we talked about book and this was a title that came up in our conversation. Since I am a huge fan of dystopian and post-apocalyptic fiction I have been anxious to read it ever since.



Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins: Oh how I adored Anna and the French Kiss and I am keeping my fingers crossed that this next book by Perkins is as good (dare I say or better) as her first novel)


Fury by Elizabeth Miles: OK I admit it I do lust after covers, but yesterday I read a fabulous review of this over at Daisy Chain Book Reviews, which has me counting the days before I can get to a book store to pick it up. Leanna compares it to Stephan King meets Lois Duncan with a dash of Greek mythology who can resist.


Frost by Wendy Delsol: While I have to wait another month for this one I am so wanting this book now. I loved Stork and really am looking forward to reading more about the Icelandic Stork society. This promises more romance, with Katla having to save Jack from the Snow Queen. 


Witchlanders by Lena Coakley: I love male POV's and this one delivers along with another passion of mine witches. It also sounds like an original premise offering new territory for both my passions.


Supernaturally by Kristen White: Another sequel that I cannot wait to read. Paranormalcy was such an fun book with a terrific protagonist that I anxious to revisit Evie and the Paranormal Containment Agency.
The Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare: Unlike many readers I came to Clare's writing with The Clockwork Angel before I read her Mortal Instrument's series (which I later devoured), so I am anxious read more about Will and Jem (my fav).


Witch Song by Amber Argyle: Yet another witchy book, but again this one sets the main character on a quest to find a traitor and save the witches and the world. 


The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith: A twist of fate and quirks of timing offer up a story that plays out over a 24 hour period definitely must to read this one.


The Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon: Another cover lust, but it also is set in Ireland at a school and offers up a fated romance that spells possible "ultimate destruction" how can I resist.



What books do you have on your current TBR list?
 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy