Monday, January 24, 2011

It's Monday What Are You Reading?

Monday, January 24, 2011
So you know what's great about Monday? 

Monday's  meme with Shelia @ One Person's Journey Through a World of Books where I get to answer the question, "What are you reading?"  

Last week was an unusual week for me because I had not one but two snow days. Besides the fact that a snow day means no work, it also means I get to snuggle up with a good book and that is exactly what I did.

Books Read:

Changeless by Gail Carriger 1/17 

How do I love this series let me count the ways. 

First, I read this immediately after listening to the audio version of  Gail's first book Souless. 


Then couldn't help myself and read book three Blameless a couple day later. 

Now I am anxiously awaiting Heartless, Gail's fourth book, which is due out in June. Sheer torture!


 
Wishful Thinking by Alexandra Bullen 


This was a very charming story with a fairy tale feel and a great protagonist. Love the setting too.




Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright 

Was a bit disappointed with this one. The writing was good, and it had a unique take on the fairy-tale but just wasn't as engaging as I had hope it would be. I actually borrowed this one from one of my students, Thanks Laura!


Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John

Absolutely loved this one. The characters were amazing and the story quite different from many of the contemporary novels I have read recently. I will be recommending this one for next year's Book Battle. And Antony is a St Louisian, very cool!


Cate of the Lost Colony by Lisa Klein

A well written, well researched historical fiction. Review to be posted later today.



Reviews Posted:

Wishful Thinking by Alexandra Bullen

You Killed Wesley Payne by Sean Beaudoin

Currently Listening to:

Stork by Wendy Delsol


I am about halfway into this and enjoying it a lot. The MC is a great character and the Stork Society is very interesting.


In between reading this weekend, I participated in Bloggiesta # 4

While I didn't accomplish everything I had hope too (my books called to me) I did manage to  spend about 12 hours  working on reviews, future posts, and several of the mini challenges. I also added Intense Debate to my blog, and while I am not sure if I like it yet, I am reserving judgment for a little while. Let me know what you think. Thumbs up or down?







 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy