Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bloggiesta #4 Mini Challenge
10 Things Bloggers Should not Do

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Word Lily has asked as part of a mini challenge to read an article on 10 Things Bloggers Should Not Do and rate ourselves on each point. So here goes!

1. You Must Not Expect Results Overnight: I have worked hard this year to promote my blog and have been greatly rewarded by my success. I am happy with what I have accomplished this year and hope to continue to be a part of the wonderful book blogging community that I have come to love so much. (4.5/5)

2. You Must Not Ignore Your Readers: The whole point of the book blogging community is to actively participate in it. I love reading other bloggers content, and I am awe struck at the variety, versatility, and talent in the community. My readers are important to me, therefore, I try very hard to let them know this by visiting their blog and commenting on their content too. Thanks to a tip from Poisoned Rationality, I have just added Intense Debate to my site (thanks Lexie). Hopefully this will help me do more to insure my readers know how much they mean to me! (4/5)
 
3. You Must Not Scrape Another Bloggers Content: Never. My mother taught me better! (5/5)

4. You Must Not Expect Success Without Promoting: I spend at least three to four hours a day on my blog, writing, visiting other bloggers and doing whatever I can to get others to check out my content. Not to say I cannot do more because I can. I still need to do more with Twitter, and I have been updating Goodreads more, but need to incorporate it more into my blog. (3.5/5)

5. You Must Not Be Another Blogger: As much as I wish I could write like some of my favorite bloggers, or come up with some amazing weekly content, I am who I am and cannot change this. I can only try and learn from those I admire most and hope that my own content will reflect this learning. (5/5)

6. You Must Not Fail To Update Your Blog Regularly: I am if nothing else I am a creature of habit. Ever since my children were young (both are adults now) I have been a very early riser. My routine now includes getting up between 1-2 AM writing posts and reviews seven days a week. I have a couple of weekly memes I participate in and try to post reviews at least twice a week. This helps me post something new almost everyday. (5/5)

7. You Must Not Ignore SEO: Thanks to other Bloggiestas I have meta tags in place, I have a search engine on my blog. I still can do better on this one and need to investigate ways to improve on this. (3/5)

8. You Must Not Ignore Networking: This is another area where I need to work harder at. I have been amazed at how wonderful authors are and how readily they will agree to guest posts and interviews. That being said I need to do more. One of my goals this weekend is to reach out and contact more authors and let them know I exist and would love to help promote their writing. (2.5/5)

9. You Must Not Have An Unreadable/Unnavigable Site: I think I have a very easy to navigate blog. I know as a frequent visitor to a variety of blogs that if I cannot find what I am looking for, I give up very quickly, so I try hard to make navigation easy peasy for my viewers. (4.5/5)

10. You Must Not Throw Mud Around: Never! I have never liked confrontation, and would never think of bashing anyone, whether I disagree with them. Just not how I roll. (5/5)

 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy