Monday, September 13, 2010

It's Monday Here's What I've Been Reading

Monday, September 13, 2010
It's Monday What Are You Reading is a wonderful weekly meme hosted by Shelia  at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, and asks the question: What are you reading? 


What a wild weekend. This was the first time I participated in Blogfest and I just want to say it was amazing. Cinnamon from Journey of Books did a fantastic job organizing this event and I had a great time visiting all the participating blogs. 

As for my part in Blogfest, I came out a big winner. I have a lot of new followers and had over 700 entries to my giveaway. I would like to thank everyone who stopped by this weekend and entered.

I am happy to annouce that the winners, who were chosen using Random.org are...



For the $25 worth of books from The Book Depository  VVB (winner entry was 410)





For the $15 worth of books from the Book Depository  Elie (winning entry 275)


 


And for the $10 worth of books from The Book Depository Kitt (winning entry 672)


Congratulations to the winners. I have already sent each one of you an email.

Unfortunately, between all the activities of Blogfest and a very infected tooth (did you know that a previous root canal can become reinfected? I do now). Needless to say, pain killers are not conducive to reading.

Here's what I read this week:


Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Carter Finally Gets It by Brent Crawford
Inside Out by Maria Snyder (audio)


I posted reviews for:


Plain Kate by Erin Bow
Firelight by Sophie Jordan

I am currently reading:

I'd Tell You But Then I 'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter


This is part of the Read-a-Series in September hosted by my blogging buddy @ Rhina Reads.
I hope to read all four of the Gallagher Girls books before the end of the month.

Finally, I would like to thank  Ashley at What's Your Story for awarding me with the Awesomest Blog Award. I greatly appreciate it.

So how was your week? Hope everyone got a chance to partake of the Blogfest activities.





14 comments:

Julie P said...

Even with an infected tooth, you still read quite a few books! Hope you feel a lot better this week....

Jeremy said...

Congrats to the winners! Looks like you got a good week planned.

Teddyree said...

3 books is a great week for me so you did very well on pain killers and all. Glad blogfest was a success for you. Hope you feel better soon, happy reading :)

Lydia said...

I feel your pain with the tooth! Dealing with one myself. I enjoyed Clockwork Angel this week as well - it's fun seeing it on so many blogs!

Here is my Monday!

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

congratulations to all the winners! :)

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Blogfest was fun. I didn't partake but I did visit blogs as I had time and really enjoyed that. :)

Hope you enjoy the Ally Carter book. It sounds good!

Your linky goes to some odd place on my blog so I am going to see if I can fix it now :)

Chrissie said...

Looks like you read some good books last week! I hope you enjoy all your books this week :)

www.chrissiescorner.co.uk

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Congratulations to the winners and well done to you for the new followers and giveaway entries :)

I want to read Clockwork Angel... I've read good things about it.

Staci said...

Pain killers could make a bad book even better though!! Sorry for the poor humor. Hope you're feeling better though because tooth pain is horrible!! Have a great week!

Sue Jackson said...

Ouch - sorry to hear about the infected tooth - dental pain can be bad.

I did just the opposite this weekend. I was feeling overwhelmed and worn out by Friday, so I tried not to spend much time at all on the computer this weekend. Instead. I tried to relax (not always easy for me, with so much stuff that needs to be done!) and just enjoy some quiet time with my family. We saw some great movies, and I was able to face Monday in better spirits this morning!

Looking forward to your review of Clockwork Angel - Jamie and I are partway through the audio version.

Sue

Ashley Delgado said...

You're very welcome for the award! You totally deserved it! <3 I love your blog.

Unknown said...

I think congrats are in order, with all you had going on you still managed to do quite a bit.

I have to add Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare to my WL. I keep seeing it and it looks sooo good.

Happy reading and hope you feel better!

Sherri at Urban Girl Reader

pussreboots said...

Mostly picture books last week. Here's what I'm reading this week.

vvb32 reads said...

just wanted to thank you again for my fab prize and hope your tooth is feeling better.

 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy