Sunday, August 22, 2010

Taking Part in the Mockingjay Frenzy

Sunday, August 22, 2010
While like most everyone who reads YA, I am no less excited about the release of Mockingjay this week. I absolutely loved Hunger Games and Catching Fire and am hoping that Mockingjay will be as awesome as the other two books were.

So I finally decided to decided to participate in Smitten With Books mini challenge and cast the role of Katniss, just one of many differnt challenges taking place throughout the blogosphere.

My pick for the role of Katniss is Alexis Dziena. First I think she has a face that is in many ways devoid of emotion, which I think Katniss would have, yet her eyes have an intensity that would appeal to the sponsors. Her overall appearence reeks of self-reliance and toughness, but also hints of committement and compassion for the people she is trying to protect.

She also looks like she has the ability and strength to survive,  wield weapons (especially a bow) and kill when necessary.

And Alexis looks great even when she is all wet and dirty, and if she is going to be Katniss, this is definitely a strong consideration when choosing the right girl for the role.


So what do you think? Could Alexis Dziena pull off Katniss?

6 comments:

Lori said...

I think she is a great pick for Katniss!!

Mrs. DeRaps said...

Ha! I took the "wet and dirty" factor into consideration as well. Great choice!

Honey said...

Wow, I have finally found my perfect Katniss! Thanks for pointing her out :D

Darlyn said...

That is quite a catch. She'll play Katniss wonderfully.

Natalie said...

Hmmm...I think this is my favorite Katniss pick so far! I get what you mean about the eyes.

Can't wait for Mockingjay!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I like it and think she is a good fit.

 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy