Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday/ The Poison Study by MaryRose Wood

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases. 

My WoW this week  is The Poison Diaries by MaryRose Wood, and should be released in July.
In the right dose, everything is a poison. Even love . . .
Jessamine Luxton has lived all her sixteen years in an isolated cottage near Alnwick Castle, with little company apart from the plants in her garden. Her father, Thomas, a feared and respected apothecary, has taught her much about the incredible powers of plants: that even the most innocent-looking weed can cure — or kill.
When Jessamine begins to fall in love with a mysterious boy who claims to communicate with plants, she is drawn into the dangerous world of the poison garden in a way she never could have imagined . . .

11 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

What an intriguing idea!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds fascinating...

Here's mine:

http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/05/19/waiting-on-wednesday-10/

Alayne said...

Ooh this sounds so fantastic! Great pick. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

MissHavoc said...

ohhh...I have this on my TBR pile! I'm very excited to read this!

Kris (Voracious YAppetite) said...

I can't wait for this book, either! It sounds so good. I love the apothecary and plant elements. Great pick!

Book Sake said...

I like the idea behind this story, great pick!

Thanks for stopping by BookSake.

Shweta said...

Have been hearing a lot of buzz on this book.

I think u need to change the post title. It says Poison Study instead of Diaries :)

Aleksandra said...

Great choice! I'll wait for it, too!

Maria (Serpentine Library) said...

The Poison Diaries sounds terrific, now I'm waiting for it too!

Carina said...

Sounds intriguing!

Kathy Martin said...

This sounds good. I just got a graphic book with this title.
Here is my WoW post.

 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy