This April was not the most productive month for me. I
fell short of my monthly goal reading only 11 books instead of the 12 I had hoped to read, revised this because I did actually finish 12 books; I just forgot one in my list. Correction made after posting the wrap up. I am however behind in my reviews. Not one to be discouraged, I will try again in May.
Books Read and Reviews Finished
- Dwarves by Markus Heitz 4/4
- Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception by Maggie Stiefvater 4/5
- Fang by James Patterson 4/7
- Wabi A Hero's Tale by Joseph Bruchac 4/10
- Boost by Kathy Mackel 4/10
- Airhead by Meg Cabot 4/10
- The Magic Half by Annie Barrows 4/12
- The Summer of Skinny Dipping by Amanda Howells 4/20
- The Knife That Killed Me by Anthony McGowan 4/24
- The Turning by Helen Ellis 4/25
- The Graceling by Kristin Cashore 4/30
- Mistwood by Leah Cypess 4/30
My April recommendation is definitely Graceling by Kristin Cashore. I totally loved this book and will be reading it again simply because it is an amazing story with tremendous characters who I absolutely adored. In fact this will end up on my top ten this year.
I joined two new challenges this month and am happy to report that I am only one book away from my goal of five for the Once Upon a Time Challenge, and the Summer Challenge hasn't really started so I am in good shape for that one.
In other challenges I am certainly gaining ground too.
I have read 48/75 books for the 2010 Young Adult Challenge and 48/100 for the +100 Reading Challenge, so all is well. I also added another 2 books to the Library Challenge making a total of 17/25
Finally I am soooo excited! I actually reached 100 followers this month. That is very cool, and I am currently holding my very first giveaway. My Thank You Giveaway is to show my appreciation to everyone who has been so supportive since I began blogging last year. The giveaway ends May 6, so make sure you enter.