Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Waiting and Wednesday/ The Red Pyramid by Rick Riodan

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases. 


This week I am spotlighting Rick Riodan's new series The Kane Chronicles Book One: The Red Pyramid. This time Riodan is taking on Egyptian mythology and I am excited to see how that goes.

ISBN:9781423113386
Subtitle:The Red Pyramid
Author:Riordan, Rick
Publisher:Hyperion Books
Subject:General
Publication Date:May 2010
Age Level:10-UP


Since their mother's death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist Dr. Julius Kane. One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a research experiment at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives. Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them--Set--has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest which brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs. (from Powell's Books)

9 comments:

tarynwanderer said...

Wow, this sounds really exciting! I love when mythologies (Egyptian, Greek, etc) are brought to life--I don't think they'll ever lose their power as stories!

My WoW post is over at bookwanderer!

Kathy Martin said...

I have this one on the list of books I am waiting for too. I love his Percy Jackson books. I also love the 39 Clues series. I have lots of eager middle school readers for both series and expect it will be the same for this new one.

Lori said...

Looks interesting. I hope that you enjoy your book when you get it. Here's Mine.

Christina T said...

When I was a kid I was interested in Greek mythology and Egyptian mythology which I know less about. I contribute my interest in the latter to the many times that I watched The Ten Commandments (my favorite parts were set in Egypt) and reading The Egypt Game. I was excited to hear about this book too! After reading Percy Jackson I am sure Riordan will do a great job with this series also. Great pick!

Here is my WoW pick.

Athira said...

Boy, that book sounds really interesting!!

Little Miss Becky :) said...

This one looks good--I've heard great things about this author!

Here is my WoW for this week!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

I really need to read something by this author!! His books look great!

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Ahhhhh!!!! I love Rick Riordan, and I can't wait to read this book! The Percy Jackson quickly became a favourite of mine! :)

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

My 11-year-old cousin and I are excited for this one too. We're probably going to see the Percy Jackson movie over the weekend. Yay!

 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy