Friday, March 19, 2010

Blog Awards

Friday, March 19, 2010
I recently received two blog awards from Christina at Reading Extensively. Thank you Christina I am doubly honored. The first one is the Honest Scrap award. 


For this award I have to share ten honest things about myself and then pass this award to ten other bloggers. 

So here are my ten honest things:

1. I was a military journalist in the 70's
2. In grade school I wrote, produced, directed, and starred in a play.
3. I read my sister's diary to the neighborhood kids.
4. I have survived my first year with mortgage payments
5. I named my dog after an ex-boyfriend
6. I am a Jeopardy addict
7. My first, second, third, and fourth car was a VW Bug
8. I hate cleaning house
9. I had a crush on my Spanish teacher in high school
10. My favorite short story is "A Story in an Hour" by Kate Chopin

I am passing this award to:

  1. Aleksandra's Corner 
  2. A Trillion Books
  3. Changing my Definition of Life
  4. Girls Without a Bookshelf
  5. The Book Bug: Books For Teens and Tweens
  6. There's a Book
  7. Books in the City
  8. Bibliophile By the Sea
  9. We Adore Happy Endings
  10. Escape In A Book





Here are the rules for the Beautiful Blogger Award:

1.Thank and link to the person that gave you the award.

2.Pass this award on to 15 bloggers you've recently discovered and whom you think are fantastic.

3.Contact said Blogs to let them know they've won

4.State 7 Things about yourself!

So Here are my 7 things about me

I get up really early (1:30-2:00AM) everyday (weekends too)
I love sushi
I hate getting dressed up 
I love black and white movies and photography
I am a Mac person
I love wine but it hates me
I love dreaming I can fly (without a plane)

I would like to pass this award on to the following bloggers:
  1. From the Shadows
  2. Daydreams and Wanderings
  3. Imaginary Blog
  4. Book Love: Teen
  5. Books in the City
  6. Book Fanatics
  7. Ms. Martin Teaches Media
  8. Rhiana Reads ....
  9. Random Books From My Librarything
  10. I'm a Lit-Bitch, Baby
  11. Rabid Reader
  12. Sarah's Book Reviews
  13. Welcome to Midnight Glance
  14. Thinking of Thinking
  15. A Few Good Books

14 comments:

Aleksandra said...

Congrats on your awards & thanks a lot for the award!

Amanda Makepeace said...

Congratulations!! Thank you for passing on the award to me. :)

Nina said...

Congratulations with receiving those fab awards and thank you for passing the first one to me! Thank you!

Kelly Peres said...

thankssssss!! and congrats to you and the other who have received these awards!!

lol and for the reason I read more than one book i like the change once in a while so i switch between books!! :) lol but because i do that i work slower right :S

Darlyn said...

congratulations on the award!well-deserved =p

Booksnyc said...

Thanks so much! And congrats on your awards!

The1stdaughter said...

Congrats! And thank you thank you! I truly appreciate it!

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Congrats on your awards! And, lol, I've never considered a VW Bug, but I guess I might have to now...

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Jan ...congrats on your well-deserved awards and thanks so much for thinking of me.

E.J. Stevens said...

Thank you for the blog award!
xx,
E.J.

Sarah said...

Congratulations on your awards & thanks so much for sharing one with me :o)

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Congratulations on the awards and those you passed them too! So fun!

Mardel said...

Congratulations on the awards. I love your blog.

Thanks for passing on to me also. I don't think of myself as an award-winning blogger, I don't try very hard, though. Thank you.

Hannah said...

Congratulations on the awards and thank you ever so much for including me when you shared them!

 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy