Friday, February 26, 2010

Recommend Me Friday

Friday, February 26, 2010

Recommend me Friday is a weekly event hosted by Kate at The Neverending Shelf.  

This where I recommend books I feel deserve to be highlighted. These books can be old friends that I want to share or new ones I just discovered.

Today I am cheating (just a little) because I am recommending a book I just finished this week and reviewed (which I hope you take the time to read since you are already here).

ISBN:9780142414910
Author:Werlin, Nancy
Publisher:Speak
Subject: Fantasy & Magic, Love & Romance Social Issues-Pregnancy
Publication Date:August 2009
Binding:Paperback
Age Level:12-17
Inspired by the classic folk ballad Scarborough Fair, this is a wonderfully riveting and haunting novel of suspense, romance, and fantasy. Lucy is seventeen when she discovers that she is the latest recipient of a generations-old family curse that requires her to complete three seemingly impossible tasks or risk falling into madness and passing the curse on to the next generation. Unlike her ancestors, though, Lucy has family, friends, and other modern resources to help her out. But will it be enough to conquer this age-old evil? (synopsis from Powell Books)

2 comments:

Darlyn said...

i've read your review on this one and the truth is, the book must be an amazing read after all. i like it and it is definitely an excellent recommendation =p

Jan von Harz said...

Thanks for the comment and for reading my review I greatly appreciate it.

 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy