Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thoughts on a Tuesday Morning

Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Reality hit yesterday as I had to gave up my comfy chair and my book to go back to work. My kids had the day off, but I had to go in and finalize grades and plan for the next semester. Since I am an earlier riser (anywhere from 1:30-3:00 AM) I am also in bed usually before 9:00 PM. Needless to say, I did not get any reading done yesterday. I worked on, make that agonized over a review this morning, and then went back to lesson planning ... so no reading this morning. I am beginning to have withdrawals. YUK!


Blogging about books as I am discovering is not for the faint of heart, and yet, many of you lovely book bloggers make it look sooooooo easy. Does it get easier? Do you get to a point where every review you write doesn't feel like you are sweating blood each time you write a sentence? Just wondering. Between trying to create a blog page worthy of being read and viewed, I am just concerned that I may not measure up. OK enough commiseration.


I do want to gushingly thank J. Kaye for her support, and not just for me, but for all book bloggers. She was my first legitimate follower  of the three I currently have. The other two I threatened with blackmail if they didn't join. I read her blog sometimes three or four times a day, and she always has great ideas, and glowing things to say about other bloggers. I have already learned a lot about blogging from her.


I also would love to hear about other bloggers' experiences especially when you were first starting out. Insight is a good thing. So if you have a mind to give me your advice, criticism, regale me with your anecdotes about your early days, and hey hears a novel idea become a follower (it won't cost you anything),  and I promise to do the same.

1 comments:

Sandra Stiles said...

J. Kaye has mentored many of us I believe. From the youngest to the oldest of us she has led the way through the world of blogging.

 
Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All images from the Keeper Of Time kit by Studio Gypsy